We now offer our Chicagoland customers the Aprilaire line of power, non-ducted and bypass humidifiers. Each model provides efficient humidification for your customers’ homes with the help of their existing HVAC system and ductwork.
Each Aprilaire system comes with a digital or manual humidity controller for easy operation. And the manufacturer’s installation instructions, cleaning and maintenance guides, and easy-to-understand owner’s manuals help homeowners get the most out of their in-duct humidifier. Other advantages include:
- Minimal components for easy installation and maintenance.
- Efficient operation.
- 24/7 automatic control for optimal humidity.
Benefits of a Whole House Humidifier
Balancing your home’s humidity levels adds to its health, comfort, and preservation. Some of the most compelling reasons for installing an Aprilaire whole house humidifier are:
- Reducing respiratory infections and allergy symptoms by minimizing bacteria and virus formation.
- Saving energy and money. In fact, the EPA estimates you can save up to 4% on your heating bill for each degree you lower the temperature setting. Since a whole-house humidifier makes your home feel warmer, you can probably comfortably lower the setting by several degrees.
- Wood floors, cabinets, and furnishings are less susceptible to cracking and warping and paint doesn’t chip as easily. Plus, electronics won’t get damaged from too much air moisture.
Different Types of Aprilaire Humidifiers
Different people and locations need different types of humidifiers.
- Power humidifiers offer total comfort through humidity control. A built-in fan pulls heated air directly from the furnace while convenient digital controls show humidity percentage, when service is needed, and when the water panel needs changing.
- Bypass humidifiers are available in large and small models and work by piping water into a distribution tray located at the top of the humidifier. They offer up to 4,000 square feet of coverage in tightly built homes and help people maintain the optimal home humidity levels of 35-45%. There’s also a water-saving model that uses a unique evaporation process that eliminates the need for a floor drain.
- Non-ducted humidifiers are specifically designed for homes with baseboard or radiator heating systems. The Aprilaire 360 is a through-the-wall model and the Model 350 is a completely self-contained unit designed to be hung from basement floor joists.
Since 1954, Aprilaire has been supplying whole-home humidifiers that offer a range of solutions for any application. You get to provide a quality product and your customers will love you for helping them battle the negative side effects of dry air such as itchy skin, dry eyes, and cracked flooring.
For HVAC contractors, offering quality products from respected and proven manufacturers is a great way to build customer trust and retention. Aprilaire whole house humidifiers let your Glendale Heights, Chicago, and Crestwood customers breathe healthier air, no matter where they are.