SEO, or search engine optimization, for HVAC businesses is a great way to increase your website’s ranking, boost traffic, and attract new customers. It’s also an extremely competitive world so to beat your rivals you need to be as strategic as possible with your marketing.
Your future customers are searching for HVAC companies online. If you want to reach them, your business must be one of the first they see on a SERP (search engine results page). With SEO, you can make that happen.
SEO Tips for HVAC Businesses
Most HVAC companies have a basic website, a Facebook page, and a Google maps listing. Some use PPC (pay-per-click) ads. It’s a good start, but there’s a lot more work to be done. Because most HVAC companies are local, SEO is one of the best ways to generate leads. It does take a time investment but when done right will provide an attractive ROI.
Here are some of our favorite tips for HVAC businesses that want to improve their organic search rankings.
Optimization starts with conducting keyword research to learn what words and phrases people are using when they search for HVAC services. Two of the easiest ways to do research are:
- Using Google Ads Keyword Planner to search for relevant words or phrases related to your products and services.
- Using Google’s search bar to enter into possible search terms. The most popular long-tail searches will automatically appear.
Create Web Pages Dedicated to Keywords
Many businesses create an optimized home page that often contains 20 or more target keywords. Instead of letting your home page do all the work, improve results by creating individual website pages devoted to each keyword. Some suggestions:
- HVAC installation and repair in Your Town
- Residential (and Commercial) HVAC services in Your Town
- Air conditioning (and Heating) installation and service in Your Town
- Emergency HVAC service in Your Town
Keep in mind that search engines index your site’s pages individually, so it’s best to use different target keywords for each page to attract a variety of visitors.
Improve Local SEO
This is one of the best SEO tips for HVAC businesses. Local SEO is different from general SEO in that it focuses on optimizing your business’ website to be found in local search results. If you’ve seen that “near me” pop up as you type in a search, that’s local SEO at work.
These elements are critical to getting local SEO right:
- Business name, physical address, and phone number uniformly displayed on each website page.
- Cultivate user reviews on sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google My Business.
- Optimize for voice search. To get started, imagine how you would ask Siri or Alexa a question.
- Set up and maintain your Google My Business page.
And don’t forget to list your business in online business directories like Foursquare, Yelp, YellowPages, and MapQuest.
Mobile First Website Design
With the shift to mobile happening faster than expected, mobile-friendliness will help rank your site higher than your competitors. To achieve this, make sure:
- Your website loads quickly (3 seconds or less).
- Fonts are easy to read.
- Images and text are limited to only relevant information.
- The site is easy to navigate.
Remember, the primary reason for investing in SEO is to get new customers and, just like in the real world, it can take some time to attract them. Since even the best campaigns can take months before results are apparent, the key is to be patient. Follow these SEO tips for HVAC businesses and your site will soon be dominating the search engine playing field.